Demigodz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gear Optimization Page

Go down

Gear Optimization Page Empty Gear Optimization Page

Post  Pancakez Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Hey everyone,

Ask Mr. Robot is a very good site for optimizing your gear in terms of Gemming, Enchanting, and Reforging. It is what I use on all my toons to maximize my current gear.

In order for it to work, you need to do the following:

1. Log in with your character.
2. Make sure that you are wearing your PvE gear in your appropriate PvE Spec that you wish to optimize.
3. Log off.
4. Go to AskMrRobot
5. Click on 'Pick a Character'.
6. Type in Kil'Jaeden and your character's name.
7. It will take about a few seconds to load, but once it loads, click on optimize, and you're set!

Things to remember:
-Green rectangles that show up on the optimization page indicate items that are not optimized.
-You can adjust gear optimization and BiS recommendations at the bottom. There are several optimization formats that you can choose from: (Pre-Raid, 10man, 10man Heroics, etc.)
-You can also adjust the stat weights as well. Check out the Elitist Jerks forums on their stat weights.
-Remember that the optimization page is merely a suggestion. They have a pretty good algorithm for determining your maximum output for each class.

Overall, this is a fairly good gear simulation tool. I haven't found too many errors, though when maximizing Koufax's tank spec, they recommend that I gem my 3 Unique JC gems into Mastery over Stamina. This all goes back to the Survivability (Stamina) vs. Avoidance (Dodge/Parry) argument and frankly, it differs for each plate tanking class, playing style, raid environment (group makeup), spec, etc.

Anyways, I hope this helps! If you guys have any questions, please let me know! I will be more than happy to give a helping hand. bounce

Pancakez

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum